Eggplants or popularly called as Brinjals are not just a vegetable. Their consumption brings along numerous health benefits. They are not just good in taste, but they also prove to be a great health supplement which help to prevent many diseases.
Learn about the host of health benefits of brinjals :
1. Help Keeping Diabetes in Control : Being a rich source of fiber and low soluble carbohydrates, brinjals are beneficial to keep the blood sugar levels in control.
2. Helpful To The Brain : Brinjals contain phytonutrients which help to protect the cell membranes from any kind of damage, thus leading to a healthier and active brain function.
3. Facilitates Weight Loss : Brinjals are a good option for the ones who want to lose weight because they are high in water content and low in calorie count. Thus, including them in your diet makes up for a healthy diet plan and you can also lose weight.
4. Heart Health : Brinjals have fiber, potassium, vitamin C, vitamin B6 and phytonutrient content which support heart health.
5. Blood Cholesterol : Brinjals are proven to have chlorogenic acid in them which helps in significant decrease in weight and blood cholesterol levels.
6. Good Skin : Brinjals help to keep your skin soft and smooth due to high water content.
7. Hydrated Skin : Large contents of water, minerals, vitamins and healthy fats in brinjals can keep your skin well hydrated.
Thus, brinjals have high medicinal and nutritional values. Try to include brinjals in your diet as much as you can and stay healthy.