Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutation is one of the best forms of yoga. It greatly helps in the process of mind healing and relaxes your body and soul.
It has many benefits. If surya namaskar is practised religiously, it helps to combat many diseases.
Take a look at the amazing benefits of this asana :
1. As it is practised facing the Sun, surya namaskar helps the body to soak Vitamin D because sun rays are a vital source of Vitamin D.
2. Apart from improving your body postures, it also helps to remove excess and unwanted flab.
3. This asana stretches your muscles, thereby making them flexible and well-toned.
4. It helps to keep insomnia at bay because it calms and relaxes the mind and body.
5. Surya Namaskar effectively regulates menstrual cycles.
6. It helps to improve the functioning of the thyroid gland. You tend to gain weight if your thyroid gland is sluggish.
7. It also helps to improve your digestion by effective secretion of digestive enzymes.
8. Lastly, it greatly helps to improve your bowel movements. You can easily combat constipation and piles related problems if you do surya namaskar daily.
Surya Namaskar is one such form of yoga which not only helps to lose weight but also combats many diseases by healing and calming your mind and soul. Begin your day with this amazing asana and see the results.
Photo Courtesy : bodyguide.blog.com